Upcoming Speaking Engagements
Bobbie Christmas speaks at conferences, meetings, and other events for writers and business people who want to improve their writing skills. The list below indicates where she's speaking next. If she is not scheduled to speak in your area soon, order one or more of her audio seminars
Selected List of Previous Speaking Engagements
Write In Style, and You Write to Sell!
A Free Seminar for BookLogix Publishing Services
Saturday, April 16, 2011
Registration: 11:15 to 11:30 a.m.
Seminar: 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
This seminar is not about grammar. It is based on Write In Style
, Bobbie Christmas's triple-award-winning textbook on creative writing, and teaches you how to power up your prose, whether writing fiction or nonfiction.
You'll learn all this and more:
- How to save time and be objective during revisions by using the Bobbie Christmas Find and Refine Method
- How to make your manuscript more marketable, whether self-publishing or submitting to agents or publishers
- The secret of style versus style, the two ways the term is applied and how to make both ways work in your favor
- The difference between Chicago style and academic
style, the style of writing you probably learned in school
- What to delete to make your writing stylish and persuasive
, based in Alpharetta, Georgia and serving North America, provides a full range of publishing services to authors and self-publishers, including writing, editing, design, printing, and distribution. The company's focus is on your success, and its free seminars help writers gain valuable information to make their books even better.
Write Your Memoirs for Fun and Profit
Saturday, April 30, 2011
1:00 - 5:00
Home of Bobbie Christmas
230 Deerchase Drive, Woodstock, Georgia, 30188
You may simply want to write your memoirs for your family, but what if you wrote them in such a way that you could also sell them to publishers? Would you mind the added money and notoriety? Of course not.
In this workshop you'll uncover:
- Where to start and how to plan your memoir
- What publishers look for in a memoir
- Why you don't have to be famous to sell your memoirs
- What type of publishers buy memoirs and how to find them
- How to write memoirs that people want to read
- How to write from the heart -- the most creative, simple way to write
- What is vital to a memoir and what is not
- What to delete to make your memoirs more powerful
In addition to spending her entire career as an editor and writer, Bobbie Christmas has sold personal memoirs to publishers such as John Wiley & Sons, Adams Media, St. Martin's Press, and others.
This seminar will take place in the workshop space in the home of Bobbie Christmas, and space is limited. Act now to reserve your seat, because her seminars sell out early.
ADDED BONUS: Every attendee will receive a FREE copy of Bobbie's latest book, Ask the Book Doctor: How to Beat the Competition and Sell Your Writing
, a $14.98 value.
Attendance is by prepaid reservation only. Mail your check for $109 to Bobbie Christmas, 230 Deerchase Drive, Woodstock, Georgia, 30188 today or call 770-924-0528
with Visa, MasterCard, or Discover Card information. You can use PayPal
and send the funds to Bobbie@zebraeditor.com
SAVE $10! Pay by February 19 and pay only $99.
Coming in from out of town? E-mail me at Bobbie@zebraeditor.com
for information on nearby accommodations.
Sisters in Crime
Saturday, January 9, 2010
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
Scribbler's Writers Conference
St. Simon's Island, Georgia
May 13 - 16, 2010
YES, YOU CAN MAKE A LIVING WITH WORDS!
Do you dream of writing or editing for a living? You can do it! Bobbie Christmas has made her living with words for four decades, and she gives you tips, ideas and inside secrets about how you can follow your passion.
- The benefits of making a living with words
- How to get started
- How to build a portfolio
- How to get freelance work
- The inside secret about magazines that will give you tips about what to send and when to send it
- Markets you probably haven't considered
- Style guides, which ones you need, where to find them, and how they help you get repeat business
- Ghostwriting: is it for you?
- Potholes to avoid while on your road to success
"Write In Style and You Write to Win"
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
, 6:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time
Learn the basis of Write In Style, Bobbie's award-
winning textbook on creative writing. Discover how to make your writing stand head and shoulders above the rest, so it wins the attention of agents and editors. Write In Style, and you are much more likely to achieve the success you deserve.
To register for these and other classes, go to www.WriteWellU.com.
BEST NEWS: Whether or not you actually call in for the event, AuthorSmart and Write Well University will send you all the handouts and an MP3 recording of the event, so sign up, and you'll get all the information, even if you forget to listen in.
April 19, 2009
Pasco/New Port Richey (Florida) Mini Conference
One full day: April 19, 2009
March 29, 2008
Spring Book Show
Three seminars for writers and self-publishers are being offered in conjunction with the Spring Book Show in downtown Atlanta. All seminars are being held in Hall B classrooms at the Georgia World Congress Center on March 28-29.
- Seminar 1: "Writing, Editing, Publishing and Marketing Your Book" - two days, emphasis on marketing. Eighteen presenters, including Ed Nawotka, southern correspondent, Publishers Weekly and Bloomberg, book columnist; Ahmad Meradji, CEO, Apex Book Manufacturing (digital book manufacturer); Chris Staros, award-winning graphic novels publisher; and John Shableski, Diamond Book Distributors.
- Seminar 2: "How To Prepare Your Book for the Market: Writing a Killer Proposal and Editing the Manuscript for Maximum Marketability" - one day of intensive instruction by Patricia Fry, executive director, Small Publishers, Artists and Writers Network, and author of twent-seven books; and award-winning book doctor Bobbie Christmas.
- Seminar 3: "Earning a Comfortable Living through Freelance Writing and Self-Publishing" - one day of intensive instruction by Peter Bowerman, author of the best-selling "Well-Fed Writer" and "Well-Fed Self-
Publisher" books, and Angela Durden, children's book author and business consultant.
Attendees get free admission to the three-day Spring Book Show held March 28-30 at the same location. Vendors at the show will be offering more than 50,000 titles to buyers from around the world.
For more information click here: anvilpub.net/spring_seminars.htm
April 12, 2008 10:00 a.m.
Sisters in Crime
Meets in the Meeting Room at the Smyrna Library on the Village Green in Smyrna, Georgia
Subject: "Write In Style, and You Write to Win"
June 15 - 19, 2008
Southeastern Writers Conference
For complete information and to register go to http://www.southeasternwriters.com/
- Southeastern Writers Conference Faculty
- Brian Jay Corrigan Novel Writing
- Bobbie Christmas, Book Doctor from Zebra Communications, will share with us the Fundamentals of Writing, including editing and marketability
- Cappy Hall Rearick will give us her southern spin on humor--tornado warning!
- Charlotte Babb, Webmaster, will share some ins and outs of blogging for writers.
- Dennis "Doc" Hensley returns to teach inspirational writing.
- Dorothy Fletcher joins us for nonfiction
- Emily Carmain explains how to avoid 10 common writing mistakes--and they are not grammar!
- Marjory Wentworth, SC Poet Laureate, will teach poetry.
- Harry Rubin will teach the art and science of the limerick.
September 9, 2008
Carrollton Creative Writers Club
10:00 -- 12:00
For location contact Joann at firstname.lastname@example.org
September 27, 2008
Catch the Wave Conference
Christian Authors Guild
November 14, 15, 16, 2008
Florida Writers Association Annual Conference
Make your reservation now to work with Bobbie Christmas!
Like Us on
Follow Us on
Read The Writers Network Online
RSS Feed (XML)
© 2001- Zebra Communications