Meet Your Editor, Book Doctor, and Mentor:
Make an appointment with
Book Doctor Bobbie Christmas, to improve the health of your manuscript.
Editor Bobbie Christmas is your book doctor. She can also be your mentor, ghostwriter, copywriter, and writing and publishing consultant. After spending decades writing and editing for a living, Bobbie became a much-sought-after seminar and workshop leader. She began Zebra Communications in 1992 in Atlanta, Georgia, to provide professional editing services to publishers and to writers like you.
In the early 1990s, the book-publishing industry went through change and turmoil. In a cost-saving move, publishers preferred to buy edited books, rather than unedited ones. Bobbie saw a need, took a leap from the corporate ladder, and devoted herself full-time to Zebra Communications. In this role, she combines her love of writing with her understanding of the challenges of a writer. She gets great satisfaction out of helping other writers around the world realize their dreams.
Bobbie makes sure your work gets the high-quality editing it deserves, whether you write novels, nonfiction books, articles, short stories, or business materials.
Bobbie is the author of Write In Style [order here], published by Union Square Publishing, New York, New York. She has also written a number of other books, articles, essays, and business publications.
If you've had trouble finding the right professional editor,
your troubles end here
To make finding the right editor easier for you, Bobbie began Zebra Communications. After decades of producing high-quality materials for many organizations, she has amassed an impressive depth of understanding for all types of writing. She has learned first-hand how it feels to have her work critiqued, edited, or rejected. As a result, Bobbie is a compassionate and understanding editor. She knows how to deliver the truth about what it will take to make your project more marketable.
Bobbie edits your document
with her heart as well as her head
Bobbie spent time writing and editing for high school and college newspapers, literary yearbooks, nonprofit organizations ' newsletters, and business materials before she decided to make writing and editing her career. She then spent valuable time in the trenches with organizations like these:
Make your reservation now to work with Bobbie Christmas!
- Freelance Associates, Charlotte, NC. After Bobbie spent years writing pro bono, her heart leaped for joy when this advertising agency hired her to write ad copy. At last she was earning money as a writer.
- J.A. Jones Construction, Charlotte, NC. This international construction firm, one of her clients at the advertising agency, made her an offer to come work as a communications specialist. Bobbie thrilled at the sight of her byline on many company articles, business proposals, and business profiles.
- Focus News, Greenville, SC. Bobbie moved farther South and tackled the busy role of news editor for this weekly newspaper with an ethnic focus.
- WHYZ Radio, Greenville, SC. The owner of this 50,000-watt radio station with an ethnic focus became familiar with Bobbie's work with Focus News and offered her even more opportunities. She juggled multiple priorities as an account executive, promotions director, and advertising copywriter.
- Leigh Marketing Group, Greenville, SC. When the radio station changed management, Bobbie accepted a position with a fledgling marketing company to supervise the Audio-Visual Department and edit the company's promotional materials. While Bobbie was there, the company grew from three employees to forty-three.
- Fluor Daniel, Greenville, SC. Moving from a company with forty-three employees to one with 40,000, your book doctor managed the Publications Department and edited corporate newspapers, magazines, newsletters, and other materials for this Fortune 500 organization. Fluor Daniel is one of world's largest international engineering, construction, and maintenance companies. She saw the "corporate-plane" side of writing as she jetted from one project to another and from one country to another, writing all the way.
- Apparel Industry Magazine, Atlanta, GA. After moving to Atlanta, Bobbie settled in as senior editor for this prestigious national trade magazine while she also founded and then expanded her own company, Zebra Communications.
Better Business Bureau|
Like Us on
Follow Us on
Read The Writers Network Online
RSS Feed (XML)
© 2001- Zebra Communications