How We Help
How it works:
You e-mail us your Microsoft Word or Mac Pages file, and we line edit the electronic file to repair errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax, or noncompliance with Chicago Style. We use Track Changes, so you clearly see all the changes we made. We return two files. One shows all the changes in red; the other is a clean copy with all the changes accepted and is immediately usable, if you wish. We may also send a comments file that covers anything we find that only the author can address.
Electronic editing is especially helpful for business publications, e-books, brochure copy, reports, technical writing, periodicals, and other nonfiction. All the editing is done by human beings with eyes, brains, and heart. We make the meaning clear and ensure the technical details are correct.
Advantages of electronic editing
Drawbacks of electronic editing
- You do not have to put your manuscript into Standard Manuscript Format. You can use any format you want; you pay by the word ($100 minimum), not by the page, so you don't have to reformat the manuscript to figure the cost.
- You save money. You do not have to pay for printouts or shipping and handling.
- You save time in two ways. The files can be sent quickly back and forth, so you don't have to wait for mail pickup and delivery. Best of all, you don't have to spend your time making changes to your electronic file, because we have made them for you.
- You save paper. All the work is handled electronically.
- You have temporary backup. We keep copies of the pre-edited and post-edited files for a short while, a fact that has come in handy when clients have had computer crashes or lost files. We do not keep these files forever, though; we strongly advise keeping backup copies elsewhere.
- You must comply with our file requirements. You must send a PC file in Microsoft Word or a Mac file in Pages.
- You do not get a separate, printed report. Although we do not always include a report for electronic editing, we may include a comments file if we find things we cannot fix because we do not understand the author's intent.
- The quality may be a little less than perfect. It is difficult to edit electronic files, because the human eye does not quite see a computer screen as clearly as it sees a printed page.
Despite these disadvantages, an increasing number of our clients, including publishers and individuals, are opting to choose electronic editing because of its ease and time savings.
All work is prepaid. Send your Word or Pages file to Bobbie@zebraeditor.com or email@example.com and then either mail your check or money order, call Zebra Communications at 770-924-0528 with credit card information, or pay through www.PayPal.com. Be sure to send us a copy of the Editing Request Form so we will know what level of service you want and how to contact you.
People who use electronic editing simply want errors repaired, with no suggestions for improvement.
The price for editing an electronic file is 5¢ ($.05) a word based on the Microsoft Word or Mac Pages word count. ($100 minimum per submission) There are no shipping and handling fees.
As soon as we receive payment, we let you know an estimated turnaround date.
Make your reservation now to work with Bobbie Christmas!
Like Us on
Follow Us on
Read The Writers Network Online
RSS Feed (XML)
© 2001- Zebra Communications